Wednesday, September 2, 2009

R.I.P. CUCU


Today is the day (as Lesley and Greg will tell you) that I discovered that one of my favorite bands, Chin Up Chin Up, is no longer in existence. I know they said "fairwell" to fans earlier this year, but due to the hiatus they took, I didn't keep a close enough eye on them to notice. Some of the members left to form Vacations, which I do enjoy. I feel like Chin Upx2 had a lot more going on with the music and didn't make me feel like I was stuck in a tourist trap in Hawaii (**not a bad thing). Oh well... I guess these things happen. I do regret not seeing this wonder of a band live and then again, I don't recall them ever touring close enough to me that it would have been feasible to attend a show. I wrote a review of their sophomore release a couple years back and have had them in constant rotation on my iPod since I first heard their first record.

I had planned on leaving links to CUCU stuff but cannot find any on the web. I strongly encourage you get ahold of their material. It's great.

Despite what I have said here, Vacations is actually a really good band. They deserve some listening.

Check them.



VACATIONS - I WAS BIKINI/BUT RAIN AFRAID

No comments:

Post a Comment